Last Modified: February 19, 2021
We provide important information for California residents in our disclosures below.
1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW DO WE USE IT?
We collect personal information about you when you voluntarily submit information to us when you use our Service. This can include information you provide to us when you register for an account, make a purchase, make an inquiry, obtain a quote, post a review, send us messages, subscribe to our mailing lists, send via-email or phone, newsletters or other forms of marketing communications, participate in a survey, click on an ad, redeem a promotion or use some other feature of our Service.
We collect certain information automatically when you use the Service, such as information about the pages you look at on our Service, the actions you take on our Service or the device you use to access our Service.
We may also collect information about you from third parties.
- For example, the types of personal information we collect may include:
- Contact and profile information
- Comments, chat and opinions
- Payment and transaction information (excluding credit card information which is collected by our third party merchant). We do not store or process such information unless you provide it to us by phone, in any case, we process such information through our third party merchant and use commercially reasonable efforts to purge any credit card information provided by phone in accordance with our regular data deletion practices.
- Location information
- Information provided by social networks
- Information provided by third parties
- Information about fraudulent or criminal activity related to your account
- Information from other services that sell our products
2. INFORMATION AUTOMATICALLY COLLECTED THROUGH COOKIES AND OTHER TRACKING TECHNOLOGY.
When you use our Service, read our emails, or otherwise engage with us through a computer or mobile device, we and our third party partners, automatically collect information about how you access and use the Service and information about the device you use to access the Service.
We use this information to enhance and personalize your user experience, to monitor and improve our websites and services, and for other internal purposes.
We typically collect this information through a variety of tracking technologies, including cookies, Flash objects, web beacons, embedded scripts, location-identifying technologies, and similar technology, including tags and cookies from companies such as Google, Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, or otherwise (collectively, “tracking technologies”). Information we collect automatically about you may be combined with other personal information we collect directly.
3. HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We may share your personal information in the instances described below. For further information on your choices regarding your information, see below.
We may share your personal information with the following parties:
- Third parties at your request: You may choose to share your activities on Bertech with your friends through email, text, or on various social media networks.
- Select third parties: Third parties, so that they can provide you with information and marketing messages about products or services that may interest you. To opt-out of our sharing your personal information with such companies, see Your Choices and Control Over Your Information, below.
- Service providers and advisors: Third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us, on our behalf, which may include identifying and serving targeted advertisements, providing mailing or email services, tax and accounting services, product fulfillment, payments processing, data enhancement services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
- Product Suppliers: Third party product suppliers who may have a legitimate business or legal interest in receiving such information. For example, personal information may be shared with product suppliers to fulfill warranty service obligations, product recalls, or transaction tracking regarding shipments or leases of supplier products.
- The public: When you provide feedback or post user content on our site. For example, if you post a product review on our website or a comment on our social media sites, your information, such as your first name, last initial, state of residence, and your comments, may be displayed on our website or on our social media pages.
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction: Personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a Bertech-related transaction, such as a merger, sale of Bertech assets or shares, reorganization, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another Bertech entity or third party, or in the event of a bankruptcy or related or similar proceedings; and
We may also share information with others in an aggregated or otherwise anonymized form that does not reasonably identify you.
4. YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROL OVER YOUR INFORMATION
Profile and data sharing settings: You may update your profile information, such as your user name, address, or billing information, and may change some of your data sharing preferences on your Account Page.
How to control your email preferences: You can stop receiving promotional email communications from us by clicking on the “unsubscribe link” provided in such communications. We make every effort to promptly process all unsubscribe requests but rely on third party services to do so, so it may take time for the unsubscribe request to completely process. You may not opt out of service-related communications (e.g., account verification, transactional communications, changes/updates to features of the Service, technical and security notices). If you receive SMS text messages, you may opt-out at any time by replying STOP or following the instructions in the text message communication.
Modifying or deleting your information: If you have any questions about reviewing, modifying, or deleting your information, or if you want to remove your name or comments from our website or publicly displayed content, you can contact us directly at email@example.com. We may not be able to modify or delete your information in all circumstances.
Geolocation and in-branch location: You may control location tracking by adjusting your location services settings on your mobile device. We may continue to approximate your location based on your IP address when you access the Service through a computer or device.
5. THIRD PARTY DATA COLLECTION AND INTEREST BASED ADVERTISING.
We engage in interest-based advertising and permit third party online advertising networks, social media companies and other third party services, to collect information about your use of our websites and mobile apps over time so that they may play or display ads on our Service, on other websites, apps or services you may use, and on other devices you may use. We may also use third party services to collect information about your browser or device, or your online activity on our Service so that we may enhance or personalize your experience, better understand the demographics of our users and how they interact with our Service, evaluate the success of our marketing campaigns, track reporting, referrals and attribution, and similar activities.
6. HOW WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
Data storage and transfer: Your information collected through our website may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which Bertech or its affiliates or service providers maintain facilities. If you are located in the European Union or other regions with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, please note that we may transfer information, including personal information, to a country and jurisdiction that does not have the same data protection laws as your jurisdiction.
Keeping your information safe: Security of your information is very important to us, and we have put in place safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of information we collect and that we share with our service providers. However, no security system is impenetrable and we cannot guarantee the security of our systems 100%. In the event that any information under our control is compromised as a result of a breach of security, we will take reasonable steps to investigate the situation and, where appropriate, notify those individuals whose information may have been compromised and take other steps, in accordance with any applicable laws and regulations.
7. CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
Bertech does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 on this Site. In the event that we learn that we have inadvertently collected personal information from a child under age 13, we will delete that information. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. STATE-SPECIFIC DISCLOSURES
We may choose or be required by law to provide different or additional disclosures relating to the processing of personal information about residents of certain states. Please refer below for disclosures that may be applicable to you:
- If you are a California resident, please review the additional California-specific privacy disclosures further below. You may also submit a request to email@example.com.
9. LINKS TO OTHER WEB SITES AND SERVICES
The Services may contain links to and from third party websites of our business partners, advertisers, and social media sites and our users may post links to third party websites. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. We strongly recommend that you read their privacy policies and terms and conditions of use to understand how they collect, use, and share information. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content on the websites of third party sites.
10. HOW TO CONTACT US
NOTICE TO CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
Section effective as of: January 1, 2020
We are required by the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”) to provide to California residents an explanation of how we collect, use and share their Personal Information, and of the rights and choices we offer to California residents with respect to that Personal Information. For purposes of this section, “Personal Information” has the meaning given in the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (“CCPA”).
|Category of Personal Information Collected||Categories of Sources|
|Identifiers, such as your name, address, phone number, email address, date of birth or other similar identifiers.||• Directly from you
• Our business partners and affiliates
• Third parties you direct to share information with us
• Social networks
• Data sellers
|California Customer Records (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)), such as birthdate, contact information and payment information.||• Directly from you
• Our business partners and affiliates
• Third parties you direct to share information with us
• Social networks
• Data sellers
|Commercial Information, such as shopping and purchase history.||• Directly from you
• Your browser or device
|Internet/Network Information, such as device information, logs and analytics data.||• Your browser or device|
|Geolocation Data, such as precise location information from your device or generated based on IP address.||• Your browser or device|
|Sensory Information, such as recordings of phone calls with us, where permitted by law.||• Directly from you|
|Profession/Employment Information, such as your company information and, for applicants, your employment history.||• Directly from you
• From our customers
• For applicants, from third parties you direct to share information with us
|Non-Public Education Information (20 U.S.C. § 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99), such as educational history, degree (for applicants)||• Directly from you • Third parties you direct to share information from us|
|Other Personal Information, including information you post on our social media pages or otherwise provide to us||• Directly from you
• Third parties you direct to share information from us
• Your browser or device
|Inferences, such as predictions about your interests and preferences.||• Your browser or device
• Information generated or derived from your online browsing and usage activity
The business and commercial purposes and categories for which we collect and disclose this information are described in the section above.
Your California privacy rights. The CCPA grants California residents the following rights. However, these rights are not absolute, and in certain cases we may decline your request as permitted by law.
- Information. You can request information about how we have collected, used, and shared and used your Personal Information during the past 12 months.
- The categories of Personal Information that we have collected.
- The categories of sources from which we collected Personal Information.
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting and/or selling Personal Information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information.
- Whether we have disclosed your Personal Information for a business purpose, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Whether we’ve sold your Personal Information, and if so, the categories of Personal Information received by each category of third party recipient.
- Access. You can request a copy of the Personal Information that we have collected about you to the extent we have actually stored, maintained or have access to it during the past 12 months.
- Deletion. You can ask us to delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you.
You are entitled to exercise the rights described above free from discrimination in the form of legally prohibited increases in the price or decreases in the quality of our Service. We have provided additional information about how you can opt-out of the use of your information for interest-based advertising above.
How to exercise your California rights. You may exercise your California privacy rights described above as follows:
- Right to information, access and deletion. You can request to exercise your information, access and deletion rights by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 1-310-787-8346. We reserve the right to confirm your California residence to process your requests and will need to confirm your identity to process your requests to exercise your information, access or deletion rights. As part of this process, government identification may be required. Consistent with California law, you may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. In order to designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide a valid power of attorney, the requester’s valid government-issued identification, and the authorized agent’s valid government issued identification. We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
- Request a list of third party marketers. California’s “Shine the Light” law (California Civil Code § 1798.83) allows California residents to ask companies with whom they have formed a business relationship primarily for personal, family or household purposes to provide certain information about the companies’ sharing of certain personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding year (if any). You can submit such a request by sending an email to email@example.com with “Shine the Light” in the subject line. The request must include your current name, street address, city, state, and zip code and attest to the fact that you are a California resident.
We cannot process your request if you do not provide us with sufficient detail to allow us to understand and respond to it.
Updates to These CA Disclosures
We will update these CA Disclosures from time to time. When we make changes to these CA Disclosures, we will change the “Last Updated” date at the beginning of these Disclosures. All changes shall be effective from the date of publication unless otherwise provided in the notification.
If you have any questions or requests in connection with this Notice or other privacy-related matters, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.